Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 1 Ahoj!

Draha Rodino! Jak se mate? [note: Dear Family! How are you?] I can't believe I've only been here since Wednesday. It feels like I have been here for so long, but I LOVE it! I am learning so much. The Spirit is so strong in the MTC. I can't even use words to describe it. I don't have much time on the computer, just 30 minutes and it's timed so sorry for all of the grammar mistakes. Thank you all for the wonderful letters, dear elder notes, and emails. I've never been so excited in my life to get letters!

I have been placed in an advanced language course. Most of the missionaries in my group are international and are pretty good at English so they've been placed in the ALC. I am the only one who is a native speaker and leaving the U.S. My companion was supposed to arrive Saturday from Taiwan, but I learned yesterday that she won't be coming in anymore until the end of March. I think it's visa problems. Anyways, I was assigned to be with two other sisters in my group so we are a threesome now. Sister Saili is from American Samoa and knows Elder Josh Wells [note: from Melissa’s home ward]. Sister Eggenberger is my other companion and is from Switzerland. I love them both. There are five of us in a room. Me and my two companions, and then Sister Edmond from the Marshall Islands and Sister Dominic from India. We also have Sister Yoon from Korea, Sister Hara from Japan, Elder Kowano from Japan going to Mesa Arizona and Elder Mauluu (something like that) from Samoa in our group. We have quite a big district. The biggest one in the ALC. I love them all. I've been learning words in Korean and Hindi and Samoan and all sorts of other languages. Hopefully I won't forget Czech :)

Our Branch Presidency is wonderful! I love them all. One of the counselors is Brother Yost. He and his wife served in the Pennsylvania Harrisburg mission with Michael [note: Melissa’s brother] and they love and remember him. They left the Pennsylvania mission to serve as mission presidents in the Czech Prague Mission. They are thrilled to have me in their group and I am thrilled to know them.

I have only been teaching in English so far. I was a little worried, but everything is so under control here that I am sure someone knows what is going on even if I don't. I see Sister Cubova a lot [note: Sister from the Czech Republic called to serve in England] so I have been speaking Czech to her every chance I get. This week I should start teaching a returned missionary in Czech so hopefully I will get some practice with the gospel language. I love my teachers. Brother Gabriel is the best teacher ever and Sister Singer is wonderful as well. I can't believe how much I am learning! Every day you feel the spirit so strong. Oh and I have met my Czech group and I see them every once in a while. Sister Clark [note: from Melissa’s home ward going with her to the Czech Republic] is doing great. I love our group. I stopped by their classroom and saw Sister Austin [note: returned missionary]. She said my Czech is really good. Anyways, I wish I could spend more time with them, but there is no time for that and we need to stay with our district.

I wish I could share everything I am learning, but there's no time. I do want to share though what happened yesterday. We had a fireside with President Brown (the MTC president) and after that we sang Called to Serve in a special way that Sister Nally, the wife of a counselor in the Branch Presidency, came up with. She had us start very softly singing the first verse and chorus. We then sang the second verse medium loud and the chorus loud. On the last line of the chorus all 2000 missionaries stood up and sang the chorus for the third time with all of their might. I can't even describe how powerful it was! The spirit was so strong as we missionaries sang together I thought my heart would burst. It was powerful! It was incredible! I know that this is where I am supposed to be! I love being a missionary. I love our Savior Jesus Christ! I love you all!

With love, Sestra Pysnakova

No comments:

Post a Comment