Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week 13 Transfers

Drahá rodino a kamarádi! [note: Dear family and friends]

It was so wonderful talking to you all on Mother's day! What a blessing! I have the best family in the world and I love you ALL! I agree mom that that was the fastest 45 minutes ever. It flew by!
Well my first experience with transfers and I'm staying in Brno! Monday evening when we talked to the APs, I was the first one on the phone and Elder Coleman said something like: "Well Sister Pysnakova, how do you like Brno?" I said I loved it and he said: "Good, because you're staying in Brno. Your new companions will be Sister White and Sister Jorgenson. Can I talk to your companion?" I let that sink in, and then after Sister Brimhall talked to him on the phone and hung up I asked her where she was going. She said: "Prague!" And then I cried:) I was like: "How am I going to do this without my trainer?!" It has been an amazing transfer! I was thinking back over these past few weeks and realizing how blessed we were. We had a transfer filled with miracles! And I am so grateful to have been able to serve with Sister Brimhall. I learned so much from her and I already miss her.

Saying good bye. Sister Brimhall was transfered to Prague.

Sister Jorgenson, Sister White and Sestra Pyšňáková.

I realized in the last 24 hours that I have a lot of responsibility in carrying on our area. My new companions don't know anything about the area, members, investigators etc. and so I'm responsible for scheduling appointments, getting members to the lessons, figuring out where we will be contacting, how to get around Brno etc. In the past day I've had to grow up I guess you can say. The work has to move forward and I will do the best that I can. I'm relying on the Lord and know that he'll make up for my weaknesses. He will qualify me for the work! That's what I'm relying on now! I was talking to Sister Brimhall a few days ago about transfers coming up. I said: "You know, I just got comfortable. I know the members, I know my investigators, we work well together, and our district is united." And her response was: "That's when it's time to move on! You want to feel that way when transfers come. And it's good that change comes so that you can move on and learn more!" Very true!

Well, Sister Jorgenson has been out for 6 months and has only served in Jičín so the big city of Brno is going to be a new experience for her! She is from Colorado. Sister White has been out for 1 year. She was in Sister Brimhall's MTC group. I met her at BYU before she left for the mission and she wrote me a letter in the MTC. She has been serving in Ceske Budejovice for the last few months and was training Sister Clark last transfer.
Thank you for your prayers! I need them! I love you! It's going to be a great transfer. It's all about the work, right? So lose myself in it!
I love you all! Love, Sestra Pyšňáková.


District Finding

No comments:

Post a Comment