Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 8 Vesele Velikonoce!

Draha nejlepsi rodina na svete, [note: Dear best family in the world]

Vesele Velikonoce! [note: Happy Easter] Thank you for all of your letters, emails, pictures and prayers! I am so blessed to be a part of our family. Thank you for your prayers for me and also for us to find the people who are ready to hear the message of the restored gospel. Heavenly Father hears those prayers. Thank you for your faith and love.

Officially Sestra Pyšňáková

So some exciting things happened this week. President and Sister Irwin, the APs and all of my MTC group came to Brno for new missionary training on Thursday. It was so so great. They brought down your letters for me and it made my day. Also, I got my new missionary nametags! I am now officially Sestra Pyšňáková with haceks and carkas and all:) It was so so great seeing my MTC group. Sister Sears made it to the Czech Republic! [note: left behind in the MTC because of her broken finger]. She and her trainer, Sister Bean came down from Prague and Sister Clark and her trainer, Sister White, came down from Ceske Budejovice Wednesday night and slept over at our apartment since it takes some time to travel to Brno. So yes, we had a sleepover at our apartment with six girls and it was great! So so neat seeing Sestra Clark and Sears again, and I know all of the trainers. All of our trainers, Sister Brimhall, White and Bean were in the MTC together. If you remember, I was in Ostrava [city, where we come from] last summer during Sister Bean's first week in the Czech Republic. It was so neat seeing her now after months of being out, so confident and speaking Czech. Training was wonderful. I love my leaders, fellow missionaries, and President and Sister Irwin. Every time I have an interview with President he always brings up how he met mom and dad at the Prague airport! He and his wife are marvelous. Training was wonderful. We have all made so much progress since we got here. Also, we read some excerpts from a talk called Fourth Missionary. It had a significant impact on me. I recommend you look it up. It's not just for missionaries.

 Czech District
 Sisters Brimhall, Pysnak, Sears, Bean, Clark and White

The work is moving forward in Brno. We sent Sister Smith to Uherske Hradiste on Tuesday when Sister Sears flew in. Sister Brimhall and I are working hard. We had two lessons this week with the young man that was not invited to the church by 3 Nephites but by one amazing YSA - Vasek and two other people from the branch. Vasek got home from a mission to Scotland. He still acts like a missionary and will talk to people about the gospel as he's riding on the tram or invite youth to activities. Such a testimony of the power when members invite! Our lessons went really well. He loves the messages we share of the restored gospel. He is so so sincere. My favorite thing is to hear him pray at the end of lessons. We taught his second lesson with Pavla, our new convert. She is on fire! It was amazing because at one point during the lesson she opened up her scriptures and was teaching him a principle from it. And she's only been a member for 2 weeks!

I had a special tram contacting experience that I want to share with you. Sister Brimhall and I were contacting on a tram. Sister Brimhall contacted a lady who had absolutely no faith, no beliefs, nothing. I came in half-way through the contact, but it looked like she really didn't want to talk to Sister Brimhall. She didn't believe in God, Jesus Christ, nothing. In the end of the contact, Sister Brimhall gave her a pass-along card with a picture of Christ on the front. I will never forget what happened next. This lady took the card looked at the picture of Jesus, and then looked again. She softened up significantly and then asked us "Is this what Jesus Christ looks like?" She continued staring at the picture. "He looks so good!" She just kept looking at that picture of Christ. We left her staring at that little pass-along card. As I left I realized what had just happened. Here was a lady probably in her 40s who for the first time was meeting her Savior. During the contact we could see she knew nothing about Jesus Christ, but her spirit knew. She felt something. She felt his love. And as I watched her staring at that card I felt the Savior's love for her. He wanted her to know that He loved her. That He was inviting her to come to know Him. That look that the Lady had on her face as she stared at the pass-along card was that of someone meeting their Savior for the first time. It was a very sacred and special experience.

This weekend we got to watch conference. We watched it at the Budove [note: ward/stake building]. In the chapel they watched it in Czech and the missionaries watched it in English in a classroom. It was so so amazing. It's such a different experience as a missionary. I found myself thinking a lot about investigators and how these talks could help them. Really, so many inspired words. And wasn't the MTC choir so great? Did you think of me? Did you notice Clara Cubova in the choir and David Archuleta :) Actually there were so many missionaries I knew from the MTC in the choir so it brought back lots of memories. Also, Elder Scott's talk meant a lot to me. I thought a lot about Megan during the beginning of his talk. 

I love you all! I pray for you every day. May, thank you for your email. You said just what I needed to hear. Dad, thank you for your diligence in doing missionary work. You are such an example to me. Thank you for your email as well. I love to hear your experiences. Mom, thanks for your willingness to do so much for me. I appreciate it. And Megan, thank you for being my angel and companion.

I am grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. Especially this Easter season I am reminded how much I have to be grateful for. Because of Him we can be together as a family forever! We will see Megan again! We will see our Father in Heaven again! All pain and sorrow will be turned into Joy. We can have Peace in this life. We don't need to hold on to grudges, anger, resentment, envy, pride. Jesus Christ paid for that. He suffered for every sin, pain, sickness. He knows and loves each and every one of us. He calls for us to come to Him. Let's do. Let's come to Him. It's so much easier that way. I love Him.

I am honored to bear His name on my badge. I love Him!

Well, I'm on my way to the Namesti [note: town square]. Easter is apparently a very very big holiday here. We're going to take a look at some of the booths out in the square and grab some lunch. I might invest in buying a little whip:)

With all of my love, Sestra Pysnakova


If you want to know what whip has to do with Easter read the article:

No comments:

Post a Comment