Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 26 Beautiful week!

Draha rodino a kamaradi, [note: Dear family and friends]

The library came back into town so we can now use their nice computers and send pictures! Hooray! This week has been so so beautiful! We've been so blessed. I can't even describe exactly how I feel, but I know that heavenly Father is in charge of this work. I got a new nametag this week.

I think I already told you, but my second week into the transfer I felt very strongly that we needed to sift through former investigators. We had a lesson last pondelok [note: Monday] with a 21 year old man. He spoke perfect English over the phone and seemed really nice so we were looking forward to the meeting.   Well, we had a beautiful lesson with him! We had a member with us named Lucie, who served on Temple Square like 12 years ago. Her name is Lucie Vankova. She is really great. We just love her. Anyways, she had taught this young man with the missionaries before when he was still an investigator so we talked to her about him for a bit before the lesson. She told us he was very serious, wealthy, but humble, and didn't smile much. Well he came in for the lesson and I just felt so much love for him. We both did! We liked him right away and he began to feel comfortable and smiled a few times. The spirit was there and we talked about expectations and what he wanted to get out of it etc. He didn't talk much but we asked him if he wanted to continue meeting with us and he said "If you wish". We were like, "No! What do you wish?" He thought about it for a moment and then said "I wish to continue!” He accepted a baptismal date for three weeks later! It was incredible!

We met with him the next day and then he wanted to meet with us soon after that. We had a few lessons with him this week and he's progressing so fast. He keeps all of his commitments and is progressing fast in his reading in the Book of Mormon. When we ask him how he feels when he prays to know if the Book of Mormon is true he says he feels normal, but that he feels inspired when he reads. He was talking one day about a quest that he had and we asked him what it was and he said "my quest is to continue with you!" He came to church yesterday, but could only stay for a bit. He promised he'd come, so he came. He came late, because of work or something, came in during a talk, and left probably 10 minutes later. But he came! And he told us last night that he liked what he saw. We are looking forward to our lesson tonight. Keep him in your prayers so that he'll receive an answer that these things are true and that he'll be ready for baptism on the 24th this month. 

I got the most beautiful letter I have ever received in my life this week. It was from Petra Necasova from Bratislava. She thanked me for helping her progress towards baptism. She talked about how happy she is and how she's teaching with the missionaries now and wants to share her happiness with others. It was so beautiful. She just thanked me and told me how much she loves me. I know it wasn't me. I was only allowed to be a nastroj [note: tool] in the Lord’s hands. And I feel so blessed to have been able to progress with her. She is amazing. Her mom is on date for baptism and is progressing rapidly. I knew her mom would from the very beginning :)

Anyways, missionary work is worth it, even if we don't always see the fruit of it right away. You never know who you'll touch.

S laskou, Sestra Melissa Pysnakova


Sestra Pyšňáková and Sestra Izatt eating bryndzové halušky (potato dumplings with bryndza sheep cheese and bacon, one of the national dishes in Slovakia).

Slovak pizza?

Banska Bystrica Branch


No comments:

Post a Comment